Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back to blogging

Yes, that's right, your eyes do not deceive you~ after a (not so brief) hiatus, I am back to blogging. Over the last 6 months I have certainly contemplated updating the blog, however the idea of updating all that has transpired since my last blog entry has daunted me. So I put it off and said to myself, "I'll update when I have time to recap the last few months." Well, reality has set in as I have realized that I will NEVER have enough time. So I start anew from today.
My last blog entry was written 5 days before Sophie was born. Now she is an amazing 6 months old baby. She was born Sophie Dylan (Sophie for my mom, it's the German for my mom's name Sonja~ a shout out to my mom and our Austrian heritage; Dylan for Bob...Brian's middle name is Donovan, also a singer so we just found it fitting...and I love how both names sound together), 8 lbs 9.5 oz. on April 20th, 2009. She is absolutely beautiful and has the most amazing personality. She is THE happiest baby I have ever met and she's ours, all ours!!!! We joke that her facial muscles must get sore as she is always smiling. She has slept through the night since she was 2 months old, yes, I do realize how lucky we are!!! I have posted some pics below of us and our little princess.
Sophie at 1 week old and 2 months oldSophie at 2 months on the way to Texas. Bless her heart she did awesome on this VERY long road trip. As did her big brother.




Sophie, Brian and me~ July 2009, Sophie at 3 months













Sophie at 4 months





Sophie at 5 months





Sophie at 6 months







As of her 6 month check-up she was 17.3 lbs, and 27 inches long, the size of an average 11 month old. She also is in the 95th percentile for her head, proving that the Ford head is indeed a dominant trait. All that worrying we did during my pregnancy was for nothing. Sophie is a vision of perfection.
Bri loves his sister and dotes on her as a big brother should. He has had his moments where he has tried our patience, but it's to be expected when gaining a sibling, it's an upheaval and now he has to share the attention normally reserved all for him. He's a good kid though, smart and sensitive and we are so proud of him.
I am back to work again, I went back in August. It's hard being away from the kids, but it's also nice to be back at a job that I love. It does make it easier having an opposite schedule from Steve, knowing that the kids are not with a sitter for too long.
And that's us in a nutshell. 2009 has been eventful, but I am looking forward to what 2010 has in store for us. Less than 2 months until the new year...where does the time go?

No comments: